How To Make Baby Wipes at Home
What You Need:
- Round plastic container (Rubbermaid #6 or #9 works well)
- Thick, strong roll of white paper towels (Bounty select-a-size works best).
- Sharp knife to cut paper towel roll in half
- 2 cups hot water (from tap – dissolves and absorbs better).
- 2 Tablespoons baby shampoo or baby wash
- 2 Tablespoons baby oil
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a big, sharp, preferably serrated (or electric) knife.
- Mix liquid ingredients in container.
- Place the paper towels in the container with the cut side facing downward.
- Secure lid tightly and allow to sit until all liquid is absorbed into the paper towels.
- Turn the container upside-down and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the inner cardboard core (easier to remove after soaking).
- Open container and ‘start’ the roll by pulling a towel from the inside of the roll.
- Wipes are now ready to use.
- These also make a great gift for new parents. You can decorate or personalize the container and, of course, be sure to include a copy of the recipe.
- Save the other half of the roll for use next time you make wipes.
- Make sure the container is closed tightly after each use to prevent drying out.
- You can add a teaspoon of baking soda to the mix (optional).